By Maria Clark
New Orleans CityBusiness
The city is poised to spend $10 million to restore the Milne Boys Home, but there’s no word yet on how it will be used once the repairs are made.
It’s been close to three decades since the home has had any residents. The campus was used as a meeting space for community groups until Hurricane Katrina.
The Franklin Avenue campus was built in 1932 after it merged with the Municipal Boys Home, formerly called the Waifs’ Home for Colored Boys. Work planned on the property includes interior demolition and the securing of two cottages and the administration building.